If there’s one area that pest control is especially important, it’s food manufacturing.
Food safety legislation is becoming increasingly complex, new hygiene standards are being introduced all the time, there are complex auditing requirements to adhere to and if there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that pests love their food.
Why is pest control in food manufacturing so important?
Any premises that makes or stores food is going to be high risk when it comes to pest control issues. As well as warmth and safety, food is necessary for survival so pests will do everything they can to get in. Food manufacturers have a plentiful supply of easy-to-access treats so they need to work especially hard at keeping these unwanted visitors away.
Another reason why pest control is incredibly important for this industry is because of the health issues contamination can cause. Pests carry a wide range of diseases and if they contaminate ingredients which staff come into contact with or consumers ingest, people can become very ill.
Not only can this destroy the reputation of your brand, you’re likely to violate a number of regulations in the process which could land you in hot water.
For more information about this, please head to our food manufacturing pest control page.
How can food manufacturers protect themselves from pests?
Our PestAdvanced service is especially tailored to those in the food manufacturing industry.
We created PestAdvanced because we understand that businesses operating in this sector are heavily regulated and face constantly changing health and safety requirements. Where food safety, standards and hygiene are crucially important, you need to be able to rely on someone who knows the ins and outs of all the regulations you’re facing.
PestAdvanced ensures this by checking you’re meeting a BRC, AIB or customer specification. We also give detailed documentation if necessary, full audits and reports which provide the proof you need that you’re fully compliant.
Some of the many benefits of this plan include:
• Thorough pest risk assessments
• All baiting and detection points are dated on inspection
• We can conduct a fly and insect count analysis
• Bait, detector and fly control checklists mean you know exactly what has been implemented
• Annual reviews by a dedicated account manager who knows and understands your business
• Detailed site plans and fixed date visit schedules are available
Another thing we understand is that you’re placing a lot of trust in your pest controller. This is why we offer a free, no obligation pest control audit. This will include:
• Advice and recommendations for general housekeeping and preventative pest solutions
• An assessment detailing how to remove any pests identified
• Highlighted areas for potential risk
• Legislation compliance advice. Our pest control team is authorised to create a comprehensive pest cover if necessary and can even notify existing contractors on your behalf if you wish to change
Even after your assessment, you are under no obligation to use Prokill’s services.
If you would like to find out more about PestAdvanced or book in for your free audit, please get in touch with Prokill today.