From managing staff and keeping on top of your finances to executing your latest marketing campaign and ensuring you’re complying with the latest industry regulations, running a business certainly keeps you busy.
While we’re all familiar with the everyday aspects of running a business, something people often forget about is pest control. More often than not, this isn’t something that concerns business owners until they’re faced with an infestation.
Common pest problems in and around the Dudley area include rodents, birds, bed bugs, cockroaches, insects and wildlife.
Putting the right steps in place to prevent such outbreaks occurring in the first place can save your organisation a huge amount of trouble. Below we explain the importance of ongoing pest control for your business in Dudley.
It can save your reputation
It can be difficult, sometimes even impossible to recover if news spreads that you’ve suffered an infestation. This is especially the case for those in the food, hospitality and pharmaceutical industries.
Thanks to social media sites and our love for online reviews, it would be incredibly easy for a potential customer to find out that you’ve had a problem with pest control. Having an ongoing plan in place, such as our Pest+ or PestAdvanced services means that you’re far less likely to suffer an infestation in the first place and even if you do, it would be contained very quickly.
It’s more cost effective
Having an ongoing pest control plan is of course an added expense to your business. It is however far more cost effective than waiting to deal with the consequences of an outbreak.
The potential costs involved with an infestation include:
- Calling in a pest controller to identify, contain and eliminate the problem
- Depending on the industry you’re in, you may have to close down your business until the problem has been contained
- If the outbreak is serious, you may have to give staff time off work
- Pests can cause a huge amount of damage in a very short space of time. From gnawing on furniture, eating your food supplies, damaging the outside of buildings and chewing through electrical wiring, the clean-up costs can be incredibly high
- The cost to your reputation could be devastating and businesses have been forced to close down as a result
Keeps your business compliant
Pest control is more important in some industries than others which is why some businesses are required by law to have audits and detailed documentation of their prevention efforts. Our PestAdvanced service has been designed especially for these sectors. As well as keeping on top of the ever-changing field of compliance so you don’t have to, PestAdvanced offers many other benefits including:
- Full risk assessments
- Baiting and detection points are dated on inspection
- Fly and insect count analysis
- Annual reviews carried out by a dedicated account manager who knows your business
- Detailed reports and site plans
- Fixed date visit schedule
For more information about our pest control services in Dudley, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Prokill.